Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cake Pops...this is how it started for me

It was around November of last year when this whole idea of learning how to make cake pops started. My best friend made cute bride and groom red velvet cake pops for my bridal shower and I got hooked immediately. I started my search on the internet shortly after coming back from my honeymoon and came across the famous Bakerella's Cake Pop book by Angie Dudley. I bought the kindle version so I can have instant access on my ipad and the whole adventure started!!!


 At that point I didn't know cake pops was going to become such a passion. Shortly after I bought the book and read the basics, I made my very first batch (chocolate flavor, yum yum). This is how it turned out and I thought not bad for the first time.


Of course I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. It didn't stop there and I haven't been able to stop making these sweet cute cake bites since then. The learning process continued during Christmas season when I was able to experiment with sprinkles, sanding sugar and cute reindeer...



... and the fun continued all this year with many more designs (see my gallery). 

I want to thank Angie Dudley for the inspiration provided on her website and book. I'm a #1 fan. I was able to get my passion for baking back which seemed to have been hidden for many years. I can't wait for her new Cake Pop Holiday book to be released in October. This holiday season is going to be exciting!!!



http://www.bakerella.com/christmas-in-july/


Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment